Welcome to our school. Fáilte Go Stigh Colláin
Stackallen was founded in 1840.
The name itself derives from the Irish "Stigh Colláin" House of Cullen. A book on the history of the Old School can be purchased from the secretary. The “new” school was built beside it in two stages:1968 and 1978. It comprises eight mainstream classes, 3 learning support rooms etc. There are eleven teachers plus Principal, three special needs assistants, one classroom assistant, secretary and caretaker. There are also visiting teachers for general music (guitar, keyboard, tin whistle and accordion), and speech and drama.
It is a co-ed school catering for children from Junior Infants to Sixth Class.
At present there are 213 pupils.
** View our Whole-School Evalution Report ** (Carried out by inspectors of the Department of Education and Skills in October 2012 )
Posted by Stackallen NS Info
Posted 31 Mar 2014 05:43 by Stackallen NS Info
Posted 21 Mar 2014 06:55 by Stackallen NS Info
Posted 14 Mar 2014 06:37 by Stackallen NS Info
Posted 14 Feb 2014 05:53 by Stackallen NS Info
Showing posts 1 - 5 of 228. View more »